There are a few important pieces of work remaining to be done as part of the ReOrg process that the Executive Team voted for in September 2020:
- Develop a broadly-consultative, transparent process for making proposals around pastoral affiliation to Vineyard USA, specifically regarding ordination
- Develop a broadly-consultative, transparent process for making proposals around church affiliation to Vineyard USA, specifically regarding church by-laws
- Develop a clear process by which Vineyard USA appoints board members, and by which the board of Vineyard USA operates
- Develop revised by-laws for Vineyard USA that reflect the reality of our reorganization, and allow for transparency and flexibility into the future
- Develop proposals regarding funding models for Vineyard USA, with special consideration given to fundraising, investments, and church giving models
None of these five remaining projects can be best accomplished by generalists. Rather, each of these pieces of work requires a team of Vineyard leaders whose members each have a specific set of skills, deployed in consultation with the best wisdom of those outside the Vineyard who can help us.
As such, In March 2021, the Executive Team decided that the current ReOrg Team will dissolve on April 20, 2021, with its work being gratefully celebrated at the LTM.
Going forward, each of the above five pieces of work will be undertaken by five smaller teams, appointed specifically for the task by the current Executive Team. They will begin their work as soon as possible.