- Senior Pastor
- Minneapolis, MN
Website Mercy Vineyard Church
About Northeast Minneapolis
The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is a thriving community of around 4 million people. A strong, diversified economy, excellent education system, and a high quality of life attract people to the region and keep them here. It’s a great place to live, work, raise a family and do business. The Twin Cities also boasts a vibrant arts scene, lots of natural beauty, and several professional sports teams.
Mercy Vineyard Church is located in the sprawling Northeast area within the city limits of Minneapolis, an up-and-coming area known for art galleries and studios in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District, plus a mix of artisanal food shops, craft breweries, dive bars and decades-old sausage and cheese stores.
About Mercy Vineyard Church
At the center of everything we do is knowing Jesus and loving others. Our values include:
GOD DRIVEN – We believe God’s already doing something in the world around us and we want to partner with him in that.
BIBLICALLY & CULTURALLY THOUGHTFUL – We want to engage honestly and thoughtfully with the multicultural society we live in as people who take the Bible seriously.
SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE – We want to experience the living God. We believe that God does miracles and speaks to people today.
OUTWARD FOCUSED – We believe church doesn’t exist for itself, it exists for others. We want to bless people of all backgrounds and ethnicities.
HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS – We want to develop life-changing connections. We want to pursue ongoing health and healing in our relationships.
Mercy Vineyard Church (MVC) was founded in 2004 by Jeff & Le Que Heidkamp as co-lead pastors. The Heidkamps led MVC from its inception until spring 2019. MVC owns an industrial building (752 Harding St NE) and moved there in summer 2017. There are two weekly services (9 am and 11 am on Sunday mornings) with an average weekly attendance of 500. MVC strives to be a multi-ethnic and multi-generational congregation. The current congregation is relatively diverse ethnically, socio-economically, and politically drawing from the broader Twin Cities metro area.
In addition to Sunday services, the church has classes and events including @Mercy Wednesday and Mercy Groups categorized into connect, growth, and impact groups. 30 groups met in our most recent season. There are 90+ leaders in the congregation leading this work.
Lead Pastor is responsible for:
- Leading a staff of five pastoral team members and two administrative/facilities team members
- Accountable to the church board that consists currently of six people
- Developing and leading a compelling Kingdom vision for MVC’s future
- Preparing for and preaching at Sunday services (two services); leveraging others on staff periodically throughout the year
- Engaging with the Association of Vineyard Churches in regional & national events and connecting our MVC to the broader Vineyard movement
- Overseeing a $1M+ annual budget
- Alignment and demonstration of MVC values listed above
- People oriented with a heart for investing in community
- Culturally-competent to lead a racially, denominationally, ethnically diverse staff and congregation
- Growth centered with a desire to grow MVC’s congregation and continue to build toward MVC’s multi-ethnic, multi-generational vision
- Healthy, spiritually mature pastor with experience leading in a large church
- History of casting a compelling vision that people eagerly support with their time, energy and money
- Desire to follow and be led by the Holy Spirit
- Experienced leadership developer
- Strong background in discipleship and outreach
- Ability to lead and navigate nuances of a congregation with a range of theological and political beliefs
- Adheres to the values and core beliefs of the Vineyard
- Being committed to and fully informed of a Kingdom perspective as taught in the Vineyard (“naturally supernatural,” “already, not yet,” non-religious but passionate about Jesus and His love for the world, His active engagement in the world via the Holy Spirit)
- 5+ years professional pastoral experience in a large church (leading, shepherding)
- Prior preaching experience
- Ability to facilitate small/large group discussion
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Advanced degree
- 5+ years professional pastoral experience in a Vineyard church
- 5+ years experience preparing and preaching regularly
Send all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3 references
- 2 preaching examples (audio or video)
Please do not call, visit, or email the church or church staff directly. All applications must be sent to the email above.
Timeline and Next Steps
Applications will be reviewed as they are received with a preference for candidates that apply by March 15, 2020. The process will include a phone screen, followed by on-site interviews for the top candidates. The ideal start date for the lead pastor is summer 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com